Instruction: Overview for Novice Level
- a proper quotation of someone else's words, and
- provision of the appropriate citation and reference.
You commit word-for-word plagiarism if your writing or speech:
- borrows ideas from the original source material, and
- takes seven or more words in sequence from the original source material, and
- lacks any of the following:
- quotation marks surrounding the words taken
- the full in-text citation with author name(s), the date, and must include the specific location within the source (e.g., page number or other locator) where the words are taken from
- the bibliographic reference.
Sections within Novice Level instruction
Next: Watch 1 video case